Refill and Reusable Ideas
Join The Refill Revolution!
June 16th is World Refill Day and it is a great time to look at what you can do as an individual to use reusables to refill or purchase items from a refill shop.
If you are a business, you could also look at your own products and ask if there is a way to adjust a product to offer a refill option to minimise packaging or to look at things in the workplace to minimise single-use in the office set-up and encourage reusable items.
It’s becoming clear that we can’t recycle our way out of our plastic problem. Globally, we use millions of tonnes of plastic every year. It is polluting our planet, impacting communities around the world, contributing to the climate crisis, and also making its way into our bodies through the air we breathe and the food we eat.
Refill Options and Ideas to Try
- Use reusable water bottles - Refill your water throughout the day.
- Use a reusable coffee cup - Bring your coffee cup in to be refilled.
- Try using a refill shop – Visit your local refill shops in New Zealand such as Bin Inn, The Source Bulk Foods, GoodFor, or Refill Nation and refill your favourite ingredients and snacks in jars.
- Call out the biggest brands & polluters - On social media call-out brands and businesses and let them know we need them to act now.
- Share on Social Media - Share your refill and reusable ideas or items on social media. Use the hashtag #WorldRefillDay to show the world a reusable future is possible.
We urgently need to shift from our disposable, single-use culture to a more sustainable, circular future, with reuse & refill at the centre.